By: Tristan Armer, Esq. The law regarding agreements between an employer and employee not to compete, not to solicit employees or customers, and, not to disparage the employer is not complicated. Non-competition clauses are evaluated differently...
Our corporate law practice runs the gamut from entity formation to mergers and acquisitions, and all areas in between them. Our firm has represented many large local and regional enterprises on corporate financing, business planning, governance and other day-to-day issues unique to businesses. We have also helped smaller businesses navigate formation, strategic decisions, contract negotiation and regulatory compliance, all in a cost-effective manner. We have advised and negotiated management agreements on behalf of both companies and executives to foster business stability. Finally our attorneys have assisted companies which face financing and other challenges through debt restructuring, “work-outs”, and if necessary, bankruptcy.
Our experience includes:
- Negotiated sale of company assets to foreign conglomerate, and subsequent distribution of proceeds, despite vigorous resistance and litigation by minority shareholder;
- Negotiated sale of property and other assets to developer for golf course and resort community;
- Work with lenders and businesses facing catastrophic financing and other issues resulting from Hurricane Katrina, including refinancing, “work-outs,” statutory stays of foreclosure, and bankruptcy;
- Completed acquisition of several gas stations/convenience stores from debtor in bankruptcy;
- Formation of numerous limited liability companies, corporations (profit and non-profit), limited liability partnerships, etc., as well as assistance with regulatory compliance and administrative issues;
- Represent companies in administrative proceedings before local, state and federal government entities and agencies;
What Every Business in Mississippi Needs to Know About “Non-Competition”, “Non-Solicitation” and “Non-Disparagement” Agreements
This year our firm served as a drop-off point and promoter for Toys for Tots for Jackson and George counties. Toys for Tots provides toys to children with a need in our community. Through this outreach our generous community donated nearly 100 toys, 4...
Our Firm is hosting its annual toy drive for the 2019 holiday season. We will be collecting toys for Toys for Tots this year. Toys or monetary donations can be dropped off at 711 Delmas Ave. from the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. We will be collecting...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage