Jimmy Heidelberg has been named “Lawyer of the Year” for his work in Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants in Gulfport by Best Lawyers for their 2020 26th Edition. Only one lawyer in a specific practice area and location is selected as “Lawyer of the...read more
With attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on numerous commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations before governmental entities, at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
Jimmy Heidelberg, Karl Steinberger, and Tristan Armer have been named as Mid-South SuperLawyers for 2019. April McDonald Andrews has been named a Rising Star for the Mid-South area. Heidelberg was recognized for his work in litigation while...read more
For several years our firm has been an active participant in the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce’s Summer Learning Series. This year Karl Steinberger and Stacie Zorn will make a presentation on “Workplace Violence Training for Supervisors”. This timely...read more
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage