In a recent Special Session, the Mississippi Legislature passed Senate Bill 2002. This bill will determine how money from the BP settlement funds is to be paid to the State of Mississippi. Now, there are several rules in dealing with future BP dollars. First, the...read more
With a full-time Jackson presence, along with attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services in this area, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on numerous commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations before governmental entities, at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
Our Firm is hosting its annual toy drive again for the 2018 holiday season. In the past, we have partnered with Toys for Tots, but this year, Toys for Tots will not be in the Jackson County area. Instead, we will be collecting toys for Believe, a local toy drive...read more
Pascagoula attorneys Karl Steinberger and Tristan Armer have recently been named a 2018 Mid South Super Lawyer. Steinberger, shareholder and director at Heidelberg Steinberger, P.A., and Armer, director, were recognized for their work in the area of workers’...read more
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage