Pascagoula attorney Jimmy Heidelberg has been named to the 24th edition of Best Lawyers in America in seven areas of law: appellate practice, environmental law, legal malpractice law – defendants, mass tort litigation/class actions-defendants, medical malpractice law...read more
With a full-time Jackson presence, along with attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services in this area, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on numerous commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations before governmental entities, at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
We are pleased to announce attorneys Stacie Zorn and Tristan Armer have been named directors of the firm. Zorn, who has been with the firm since 2003, has excelled primarily in the areas of federal and state employment law, workers’ compensation, estate law, family...read more
On July 25, 2017, Karl R. Steinberger was one of several speakers at the Mississippi Municipal Attorneys' Conference, which was held in conjunction with the Mississippi Municipal Association Convention at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS. His topic was Unemployment...read more