For several years our firm has been an active participant in the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce’s Summer Learning Series. This year Karl Steinberger and Stacie Zorn will make a presentation on “Workplace Violence Training for Supervisors”. This timely...read more
With attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on numerous commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations before governmental entities, at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
By: Tristan Armer, Esq. I have recently taught employers and human resource managers on how to lawfully test their employees for alcohol and drugs in the course of employment. I cover the legal minutia in these sessions to answer the question,...read more
Another year, another seminar for our clients gone by. First, from all the attorneys and staff at Heidelberg Steinberger, thank you to our clients that attended the seminar. As our work continues to become more electronic and less in person, we enjoy seeing...read more
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage