The firm recently prevailed in the MS Court of Appeals in a ruling in favor of a physician client. In a significant case regarding the use of expert witnesses in medical malpractice lawsuits, Jimmy Heidelberg and April McDonald represented a doctor in the case of...read more
With a full-time Jackson presence, along with attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services in this area, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on numerous commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations before governmental entities, at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
Tristan R. Armer will be teaching a seminar on Workers’ Compensation: Critical Essentials from Both Sides of the Aisle with the National Business Institute in Gulfport, MS on July 25, 2018. This seminar will help you understand workers’ compensation issues from both...read more
Our firm held its annual Fundamentals of Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar on May 24, 2018 at the Biloxi Yacht Club. Karl Steinberger, April McDonald, Stacie Zorn, and Tristan Armer gave an excellent presentation on Workers’ Compensation. Tristan...read more
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage