I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Heidelberg Steinberger represents businesses, large and small, in almost every conceivable type of commercial litigation. Some of the firms oldest clients have continued their relationship with us based upon our track record of success handling cases involving construction disputes, bad-faith insurance, tortious interference with contracts, officer and director liability, shareholder and corporate fiduciary litigation, breach of warranty/consumer protection, bankruptcy and most every contractual dispute imaginable. Our clients range from large insurance companies and agencies, software developers, real estate developers, architectural/engineering firms to “mom-and-pop” businesses. Our experience includes:
- Represent corporations in litigation brought by minority shareholder charging fraud and general negligence by management
- Dissolution of closely held corporations, in particular family-owned businesses which present unique challenges
- Bad faith litigation arising from Hurricane Katrina, both for and against insurance companies;
- Suit against seller of multi-million dollar business for fraud, misrepresentation of client base, and failure to perform;
- Construction accidents, resulting in significant personal injury claims, and even larger indemnity claims against third-parties;
- Collapse of real estate developments, whether due to inadequate financing or unexpected changes in market conditions;
- Represent developer in subdivision road design and construction case involving multiple defendants, experts and construction issues
The federal CARES Act was signed into law on Friday, March 27, 2020. The Act contains several provisions which prevent eviction of residential tenants for a one-hundred twenty (120) day period. Depending on whether the property is single residential...
We hope you can join us for our annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar on May 21 at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus. This year we will feature MWCC Administrative Law Judge Alan Goodman and Melissa Van Etten from the...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage