On December 20, 2019, Congress, in a last minute surprise move, passed the “Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act” or SECURE ACT, which became effective January 1, 2020. The IRS has not had the opportunity to craft many of the...
Heidelberg Steinberger represents businesses, large and small, in almost every conceivable type of commercial litigation. Some of the firms oldest clients have continued their relationship with us based upon our track record of success handling cases involving construction disputes, bad-faith insurance, tortious interference with contracts, officer and director liability, shareholder and corporate fiduciary litigation, breach of warranty/consumer protection, bankruptcy and most every contractual dispute imaginable. Our clients range from large insurance companies and agencies, software developers, real estate developers, architectural/engineering firms to “mom-and-pop” businesses. Our experience includes:
- Represent corporations in litigation brought by minority shareholder charging fraud and general negligence by management
- Dissolution of closely held corporations, in particular family-owned businesses which present unique challenges
- Bad faith litigation arising from Hurricane Katrina, both for and against insurance companies;
- Suit against seller of multi-million dollar business for fraud, misrepresentation of client base, and failure to perform;
- Construction accidents, resulting in significant personal injury claims, and even larger indemnity claims against third-parties;
- Collapse of real estate developments, whether due to inadequate financing or unexpected changes in market conditions;
- Represent developer in subdivision road design and construction case involving multiple defendants, experts and construction issues
What Every Business in Mississippi Needs to Know About “Non-Competition”, “Non-Solicitation” and “Non-Disparagement” Agreements
By: Tristan Armer, Esq. The law regarding agreements between an employer and employee not to compete, not to solicit employees or customers, and, not to disparage the employer is not complicated. Non-competition clauses are evaluated differently...
This year our firm served as a drop-off point and promoter for Toys for Tots for Jackson and George counties. Toys for Tots provides toys to children with a need in our community. Through this outreach our generous community donated nearly 100 toys, 4...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage