Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our firm is rescheduling its annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar. We are planning to bring this seminar to you virtually on June 25, 2020, at no cost to you. Registration and details...
Corporate & Transactions
Our corporate law practice runs the gamut from entity formation to mergers and acquisitions, and all areas in between them. Our firm has represented many large local and regional enterprises on corporate financing, business planning, governance and other day-to-day issues unique to businesses. We have also helped smaller businesses navigate formation, strategic decisions, contract negotiation and regulatory compliance, all in a cost-effective manner. We have advised and negotiated management agreements on behalf of both companies and executives to foster business stability. Finally our attorneys have assisted companies which face financing and other challenges through debt restructuring, “work-outs”, and if necessary, bankruptcy.
Our experience includes:
- Negotiated sale of company assets to foreign conglomerate, and subsequent distribution of proceeds, despite vigorous resistance and litigation by minority shareholder;
- Negotiated sale of property and other assets to developer for golf course and resort community;
- Completed acquisition of several gas stations/convenience stores from debtor in bankruptcy;
- Formation of numerous limited liability companies, corporations (profit and non-profit), limited liability partnerships, etc., as well as assistance with regulatory compliance and administrative issues;
- Represent companies in administrative proceedings before local, state and federal government entities and agencies;
- Prepared the transactions for the sale of multi-state business;
- Agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company
Heidelberg Steinberger is very proud to note former firm member, Cory Wilson, has been nominated for a judgeship on the US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals by President Trump. Cory opened the firm's Jackson, Mississippi office before...
I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage