I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Our corporate law practice runs the gamut from entity formation to mergers and acquisitions, and all areas in between them. Our firm has represented many large local and regional enterprises on corporate financing, business planning, governance and other day-to-day issues unique to businesses. We have also helped smaller businesses navigate formation, strategic decisions, contract negotiation and regulatory compliance, all in a cost-effective manner. We have advised and negotiated management agreements on behalf of both companies and executives to foster business stability. Finally our attorneys have assisted companies which face financing and other challenges through debt restructuring, “work-outs”, and if necessary, bankruptcy.
Our experience includes:
- Negotiated sale of company assets to foreign conglomerate, and subsequent distribution of proceeds, despite vigorous resistance and litigation by minority shareholder;
- Negotiated sale of property and other assets to developer for golf course and resort community;
- Work with lenders and businesses facing catastrophic financing and other issues resulting from Hurricane Katrina, including refinancing, “work-outs,” statutory stays of foreclosure, and bankruptcy;
- Completed acquisition of several gas stations/convenience stores from debtor in bankruptcy;
- Formation of numerous limited liability companies, corporations (profit and non-profit), limited liability partnerships, etc., as well as assistance with regulatory compliance and administrative issues;
- Represent companies in administrative proceedings before local, state and federal government entities and agencies;
The federal CARES Act was signed into law on Friday, March 27, 2020. The Act contains several provisions which prevent eviction of residential tenants for a one-hundred twenty (120) day period. Depending on whether the property is single residential...
We hope you can join us for our annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar on May 21 at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Jefferson Davis Campus. This year we will feature MWCC Administrative Law Judge Alan Goodman and Melissa Van Etten from the...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage