Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our firm is rescheduling its annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar. We are planning to bring this seminar to you virtually on June 25, 2020, at no cost to you. Registration and details...
Heidelberg Steinberger routinely handles all facets of employment law including EEOC complaints, Title VII, Americans with Disability Act (ADA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Wage and Hour violations, wrongful terminations, and employment contracts. Our attorneys have experience defending employers from claims of racial discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environments, and age discrimination. Our attorneys provide employers and businesses of all size guidance on personnel issues, policy issues, laws and regulations which affect the employment relationship in the workplace. The firm also represents individual employees whose employer discriminated against them on the basis of race, age, or sex.
Our firm has successfully litigated enforcement of non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, and, non-disclosure agreements on behalf of both the employer and employee. Our extensive litigation of these agreements gives us actual knowledge of the pitfalls and shortcomings of these agreements. With that knowledge we also draft non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements for our clients.
The firm hosts an annual seminar in May sharing employment related law to our clients and the community – another way for us to share our 30 years of expertise in this field.
Our experience includes:
- Winning a summary judgment dismissing, and upholding on appeal, a landmark case involving the ADA’s “perceived to be disabled” criteria where a physician claimed to be disabled as a result of contracting Hepatitis C in a surgical mishap;
- Upholding a library’s termination for violation of the internet use policy;
- Obtaining summary judgment for an employer accused of both racial and age discrimination under Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act;
- Revising company policy manuals to address leave, accumulated leave and the Family Medical Leave Act;
- Advising companies on the Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
Heidelberg Steinberger is very proud to note former firm member, Cory Wilson, has been nominated for a judgeship on the US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals by President Trump. Cory opened the firm's Jackson, Mississippi office before...
I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage