Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our firm is rescheduling its annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar. We are planning to bring this seminar to you virtually on June 25, 2020, at no cost to you. Registration and details...
Heidelberg Steinberger has an outstanding history winning cases both prior to trial and in the courtroom. Over the years, our attorneys have successfully tried to verdict numerous cases. Due to our reputation as being willing and able to try cases successfully to verdict, we are able to obtain favorable resolution of matters which need to be settled. Equally important, our attorneys are able to realistically evaluate cases and provide our clients with accurate opinions on potential liability and damage exposure. From a litigation standpoint, Heidelberg Steinberger has handled cases in state and federal courts throughout Mississippi, involving automobile and trucking accidents, products liability, premises liability, bad-faith insurance claims, environmental torts, so-called “mass torts,” contract and business disputes to name a few. Our attorneys have particular experience in large property and casualty damage cases, some with subrogation, caused by fire, explosion, or, other catastrophic events. Our experience includes:
- Defense verdict at trial for a trucking accident in which our client admitted liability;
- Defending at trial real estate agents accused of fraud and deception in sale of residence. Plaintiff sought $1,000,000 in actual and punitive damages. Jury awarded only $1,200;
- Winning summary judgment prior to trial in numerous cases.
- Defense Verdict for two (2) corporate officers accused of civil fraud;
- Trial Verdict for purchaser for purchaser of a defectively constructed commercial building;
- Mediation and settlement of multi-million dollar warehouse loss due to fire.
Heidelberg Steinberger is very proud to note former firm member, Cory Wilson, has been nominated for a judgeship on the US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals by President Trump. Cory opened the firm's Jackson, Mississippi office before...
I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage