Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our firm is rescheduling its annual Workers’ Compensation and Employment Law Seminar. We are planning to bring this seminar to you virtually on June 25, 2020, at no cost to you. Registration and details...
With attorneys who have significant government service and longstanding relationships with many of our elected officials, Heidelberg Steinberger provides a full range of legal services, from general counsel to consulting and legislative monitoring to litigation. For many years our attorneys have represented clients with matters pending before federal, state and local governments, their political subdivisions and municipal corporations. We have experience in zoning and land-use issues, government immunity, public finance, condemnation and bonds. We recognize that advocacy involves not only the courtroom, but often the other branches of government, too
Also over the years, our firm has provided general counsel and special counsel services to many state and local units of government, including:
- Governor’s Office
- Statewide Elected Officials
- County Board of Supervisors
- Mississippi Department of Transportation
- Miss. Senate, Special Session Committee on Tort Reform
- Key Individual Legislators
- Utility Authorities
- Mississippi Department of Public Safety
- Public Hospitals
Many of our attorneys work closely with local and state governmental agencies, as well as the Legislature. They regularly monitor legislative activity and stay abreast of state and local political interests in order to provide our clients with the best possible representation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully representing Mississippi’s Governor and the Mississippi Department of Medicaid in a landmark case involving the separation of powers between the branches of state government.
- Serving as bond counsel on initial issues and refinancing for the Jackson County Utility Authority, Jackson County, Mississippi and the University of Southern Mississippi on its recent stadium expansion.
- Representing clients on commercial and residential planning issues, plat approval, zoning changes, environmental regulations, condemnation actions, and utility installations at the municipal, county, state, and federal level.
- Drafting the TIF (Tax Incentive Financing) Legislation for use by Jackson County, Mississippi.
Heidelberg Steinberger is very proud to note former firm member, Cory Wilson, has been nominated for a judgeship on the US Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals by President Trump. Cory opened the firm's Jackson, Mississippi office before...
I trust all of you are well and dealing with the Coronavirus crisis as well as can be expected. New reports are suggesting it will subside sooner than later. With this novel coronavirus comes the response of Federal, State, and Local governments and the need to...
Mississippi Worker's Compensation Coverage