Legal News


This year our firm participated in the Believe Children’s Toy Drive. This toy drive provides toys to children in need in Jackson County.  Our firm served as a drop-off point and promoter for the drive.  Through this outreach, our generous community donated nearly 300 toys, 7 bikes, and $315.  Thank you all for helping to make many children’s holiday season brighter this year! A special thank you to our staff, Jackson County Utility...

Read More

2019 started well for Heidelberg Steinberger when the firm received a win in a major arbitration proceeding for its client, the Jackson County Utility Authority. A claim was made in arbitration by an IT vendor as a result of the JCUA’s cancellation of an Information Technology contract due to inadequate service and performance. Due to the public health mission of the JCUA, a robust and reliable IT system is vital to the citizens of...

Read More

Heidelberg Steinberger congratulates two of its former lawyers who will become Judges on the Mississippi Court of Appeals in January. Tony Lawrence was elected as a Judge for the Fifth District in the November 2018 election, and Cory Wilson was appointed by Governor Phil Bryant to a seat in the Third District which is being vacated by Judge Kenneth Griffis since he was elevated to the Mississippi Supreme Court.  Lawrence was an...

Read More

In a recent Special Session, the Mississippi Legislature passed Senate Bill 2002.  This bill will determine how money from the BP settlement funds is to be paid to the State of Mississippi.  Now, there are several rules in dealing with future BP dollars.  First, the payments from BP to Mississippi will be split.  75% of the money will go to the “coast” while the remaining 25% will go to the rest of the state.  The “coast” is comprised...

Read More

Our Firm is hosting its annual toy drive again for the 2018 holiday season.  In the past, we have partnered with Toys for Tots, but this year, Toys for Tots will not be in the Jackson County area.  Instead, we will be collecting toys for Believe, a local toy drive that will provide toys to the Jackson County community.   Toys or monetary donations can be dropped off at 711 Delmas Ave. from the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.  We will...

Read More

Pascagoula attorneys Karl Steinberger and Tristan Armer have recently been named a 2018 Mid South Super Lawyer.  Steinberger, shareholder and director at Heidelberg Steinberger, P.A., and Armer, director, were recognized for their work in the area of workers’ compensation. Steinberger has consistently been named a Super Lawyer and in the 2017 was named the Lawyer of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal.  “It’s an honor to be...

Read More